The Colony Youth Baseball Association
Our T-ball division is a great way to introduce your little player to the game! We keep our rosters small to allow more playing time and to allow coaches to work closely with the players.
Team Roster : 6 players (unless authorized by the Commissioner)
Experience is not necessary
We usually start at age 4 and play up to 5. If you would like an exception please contact us and the Commissioner can review.
- Throwing mechanics are introduced
- Fielding grounders
- Making the play at first
- Tagging the runner properly
- Batting stance is introduced
- Swinging mechanics
- Learning to run the bases
Practice time: 2 45 min, practices per week (1 practice when games start)
Game time: 2 60 min. games per week
Games are managed by coaches. (No umpires)
Score is not officially kept
League specific rules
- Umpires are not present for T-ball games
- No Big Barrel bats allowed
- Fair arch is not recognized.
- Players may have a maximum of 5 attempts to put the ball in play.
- Defensive players must be rotated so that players have an opportunity to play each position.
- Catcher position is not represented
- There is not a limit on defensive coaches. (Must be eligible according to TCYBA bylaws)
- Defensive outs are not recognized.
- Runners may only advance on a batted ball.
- Each batting lineup bats each inning.
- The last batted ball is considered a grand slam.
- Game time is 60 min.