The Colony Youth Baseball Association
TCYBA is an organization run by volunteers in the community striving to provide a program for the youth in the community that is safe, educational, fun, and exciting. Adults that become involved in the program often find that they also learn valuable skills and lessons and find the experience to be quite rewarding.
We provide a variety of programs based on players' experience, skill level, and interest. We are governed by USSSA guidelines, rules, and bylaws.
Our Recreation Program focuses on development of beginning to intermediate players. The Program introduces baseball to all players, working on core skill development, and baseball rules. Coaches promote a learning environment and ensure that all players receive equal playing time and become well rounded players by exposing them to different positions on the team
- Our Rec program provides divisions from T-ball to 14U. (ages 4-14)
- Fees vary from $65 - $120 per season depending on the age.
- Fees cover: Jersey, Hat, usage of city facilities, insurance, equipment, and other league admin fees.
- Practices are held at The Colony Practice fields located at 5151 N. Colony Blvd. (East side of the Police Station)
- Older teams may opt to have additional practice time at nearby batting cages or indoor baseball facilities.
- Games are played at Five Star Sports complex against other TCYBA Youth Baseball teams. Interlocking divisions may have away games in surrounding cities. Teams can expect to play 1-2 games per week.
- Scheduling will be at least one weekday game per week and one weekend game on Saturday. (Older teams may play double headers on Saturdays)
- We play 2 seasons each year; Spring and Fall.
- Spring season runs from February through June. Spring is the most competitive season. We keep official standings (except for T-ball) and have post season play in the summer.
- Fall Season runs from September through October. Fall is a shorter season and designed for learning and development.
- Awards and special events
- We do our best to incorporate special events throughout the season for the rec players.
- Spring season will kick off with an Opening Day Ceremony and will end wit an End of Season Ceremony awarding each player with a certificate, trophy, or medal to commemorate their achievements.
- Fall is typically less eventful because it is a shorter season. Awards may or may not be given at the end of the fall season depending on time and commitment from TCYBA Board.
Our Select Program is designated for players and families with a good deal of baseball experience and are seeking a higher level of play. Coaches still focus on continuous skill development and baseball knowledge and prepare players to compete against other teams at a similar level.
- Our Select program offers divisions starting at 6U. Each season varies depending upon player interest and coach availability.
- Fees vary by team depending on what the coach decides for the season.
- TC practice facilities are available for TCYBA Select teams, but will ultimately be decided upon by the coach.
- Teams will participate in tournament play and possibly league play depending on the coach's plan.
- Scheduling will depend on the coach's plan for the team.
- Select tryouts will be held for Spring and Fall, however the teams may play a little longer than the teams in the recreational program.
- Awards and Special Events
- TCYBA Select teams are always included in the recreational events. Participation will depend on team availability.
TCYBA is excited to announce the addition of kickball to the program. We will offer kickball for ages 8 - 16. This is new for TCYBA and we are still working out the details. Stay tuned for more details on season, teams, and fees!