10U – 12U Kid Pitch Rules
USSSA Rules apply unless otherwise specified below:
Home and Visitor
- Dugouts are first come, first served.
- Score Keeping
- Home team will keep the official book. (provided by TCYBA at each field)
- Visiting team will operate the scoreboard. (please request help if needed)
- USSSA rules apply for player age eligibility.
- Player eligibility violations will result in a team disqualification and forfeit. Determination of violation may happen after the game is played. (Protest process to be published soon)
- A team must start each game with a minimum of 8 players.
- The absence of the 9th batter will NOT result in an out.
- If a player is removed from the game due to an extreme illness or injury (up to the discretion of the umpire) an out shall NOT not be called in that batter’s absence.
- Each team MUST bat their entire roster. Each team shall develop a batting order at the beginning of the game. A normal batting order is used (e.g. 1-12). Each player shall bat in order until 3 outs are registered in the inning, or 5 runs have scored.
- Offensive teams may score a maximum of 5 runs per half inning.
- Mathematical elimination will appl.
- If the visiting team wins by mathematical elimination, the inning will be completed giving the home team the final at bat.
- Tie breaker
- Games can end in a tie.
- The scorecard is the official record of score for the game and must be signed by the umpire and both coaches..
- Coaches who do not agree with the official score should not sign the score card and should protest immediately with a board member on site. Failure to protest score is acceptance of score reflected on the game card.
- Offensive Coaches shall confine themselves to the dugout, with the exception of a third base, first base and pitching coach. (*Pitching coach – 6U & 8U CP)
- The coach not occupying the first or third base coach’s box shall remain in the area immediately outside the dugout. Roaming up and down the foul lines is not allowed.
- Coaches may not make unofficial calls before the umpire has had the opportunity to make the call. For example, calling “safe” as the runner reaches the base.
- First offense results in a warning
- Second offense results in benching the coach for one inning
- Third offense results in removing the coach for the remainder of the game.
- Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their coaching staff and the parents and relatives of their players. Unsportsmanlike conduct is the umpire’s judgment, and shall be warned against once. The umpire has the authority to resolve the problem as he deems fit for continued unsportsmanlike conduct. – (coach, player, parent code of conduct will be signed at registration)
- Malicious or intentional contact is not allowed. If a player is judged to be guilty of that infraction, he shall be determined out and disqualified from further play in that game. Penalties for this behavior shall be left up to the board member on duty.
- Must have teams prepared to play 15 minutes before their GAME START TIME. The umpires will be instructed to start games early if the field is clear and ready for play.
10U, 12U, and 14U
- Pitching Rules (Innings per Tournament):
- Age Groups 10u thru 12u = 6 innings.
- Age Groups 14u = 7 innings
- No limit on the number of appearances.
- A mound appearance resulting in any one pitch (warm-up or game pitch) being thrown or a play will be considered an inning pitched.
- Eight warm-up pitches to start, five thereafter.
- Scorecards must be signed by both Head Coaches to eliminate score and innings pitched conflicts.
- The scorecard is the official record of score and innings pitched for each game. Coaches who do not agree with the official score or pitching totals should discuss immediately with the umpires or board member on site before signing the scorecard. Failure to immediately address inaccurate score/pitching totals is acceptance of score/pitching reflected on the scorecard.
- If pitching rules are violated and the infraction is detected, the situation will be reviewed and consequences may include coach and/or player ejection, elimination of team from the event, team forfeit, or other appropriate penalties.
- Visits to the Mound: Each team is allowed two charged visits to the mound per inning. A charged visit is a trip during which the manager or coach does not remove the pitcher. After the two charged visits are used, the next trip to the mound after that will result in the pitcher being removed.
- If a pitcher hits 3 batters in an inning, the umpire may recommend the pitcher be replaced.
- Maximum 3 mound visits without replacing the pitcher. Each subsequent mound visit must result in a pitcher replacement.
- Balks – 1 warning per pitcher
- Loose bases
- Dropped 3rd strike is in effect
- No Slash bunt
- Time Limit
- Time limits will be 1 hour and 30 minutes with maximum 6 innings in length.
- No inning may start with less than 5 minutes left on the clock
- Run Rules will be in effect.
- 12U and 14U will be 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Umpire keeps official time.